Change in Construction Schedule
Neptune Terminals has received approval from the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority for an extension to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week construction (excluding statutory holidays) for the projects noted below. This extension is for a further six months, ending September 30th, 2020.
- Neptune Cargill Overpass Extension (PP 17-131)
- Coal Capacity Project (PP 12-066)
- West Quadrant Shiploader Amendment (Permit 12-066-01)
- Berth 1 SPW installation and Dredging (PER 18-027)
The Sunday shift is required to enhance safety conditions for our workforce and contractors, and to allow better access to Berth 1 for marine construction. It is expected that it will also have a beneficial effect on the community by helping us to maintain the overall project schedule.
To mitigate potential community impacts:
- Noise will be continuously monitored by noise monitors around the construction site, ensuring noise levels stay within prescribed City of North Vancouver (CNV) bylaws.
- Pile driving noise will be mitigated by maximizing the use of a vibratory hammer. Impact, diesel hammer will be used minimally, and only during daytime construction hours, complying with CNV noise bylaws and the Port Authority permit.
- Directional LED lights used for construction will be directed away from residential areas to minimize the impact on neighbours.
- Construction activities on the evening shift (8 pm to 7 am) are restricted to those that are anticipated to have low impacts to the surrounding community. For details of these activities, please refer to previously posted construction notices on our website.
Should there be updates to the activity or schedule for these projects over their duration, they will be posted on our website and emailed to our e-distribution list.
If you have any questions or concerns about construction activities or other operations at Neptune, please do not hesitate to contact us at the email above or call 604-983-7935.