March 13, 2019: Update – Notice of Night Shift Construction Work
Notice of Night Shift Construction Work
Neptune Terminals has received approval from the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority to carry out night shift work on the following projects on its site:
- Neptune Cargill Overpass Extension (PP 17-131)
- Coal Capacity Project (PP 12-066) and West Quadrant Shiploader Amendment (Permit 12-066-01)
Neptune will be continuing to conduct night shift work between 8 pm and 7 am Monday to Saturday. No work will be carried out on Sunday or statutory holidays.
This is a continuation of night shift work which began on November 9, 2018 and will continue as required until September 30, 2019. Updates will be posted as required on Neptune’s website – www.neptuneterminals.com.
The night shift is required to reduce congestion on site, and enhance safety conditions for our workforce and contractors. It is expected that it will also have a beneficial effect on the community by helping us to shorten the overall project schedule.
In addition to other activities ongoing since November, night time activities are expanded to include geotechnical anchor installation. For a full list of night time activities, please see the construction notice section of neptuneterminals.com
To speak to someone about concerns during evening hours, please contact Neptune Security at 604-968-4786.
For questions related to the approval of these works, please contact the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority’s Community feedback line at 604-665-9004 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work is ongoing to construct steelmaking coal handling upgrades at Neptune Terminals. This project has received all required permits from the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority.
At this time, we are beginning construction of the new railcar dumper building (project area indicated above). Construction of these upgrades will take place between July 20, 2018 and August 2020.
Future construction activity updates will be posted on our website, and sent by email to our subscribers. To be added to the distribution list for future notices please email us at email@example.com.
If you have any questions or concerns about construction activities or other operations at Neptune, please do not hesitate to contact us at the email above or call 604-983-7935.
For questions related to the port authority’s permit, please contact their community feedback line at 604-665-9004 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMMUNITY IMPACT AND MITIGATION PLANS
All work will be done between the hours of 7:30 am and 6:00 pm Monday to Saturday, within the port authority’s standard hours of construction (M-Sat 7:00 am to 8:00 pm). No work will be carried out on statutory holidays.
- Noise will be continuously monitored. We are committed to managing construction within noise levels allowed by City of North Vancouver bylaws.
- Pile driving will be required between July 20, 2018 and March 2019 to construct the dumper vault. This activity will occur during regular construction hours. Noise will be mitigated by maximizing the use of a vibratory hammer as opposed to an impact hammer, and will comply with permitted municipal noise levels.
- Temporary construction lighting will be required. Directional LED lights and light placement away from residential areas will minimize impact.
- Two mobile cranes (135 ft high) are anticipated on site temporarily beginning in July 2018. These will be visible from some places in the community but are not expected to negatively impact views.
There is an expected increase in truck traffic to our terminal during construction. In order to mitigate impacts on local traffic, a traffic management plan is in place and deliveries will be scheduled at off-peak hours whenever possible.