- A series of high water spray poles, strategically placed, surrounds the storage area to keep the steelmaking coal damp and minimize dust;
- Water can be added to the steelmaking coal along the conveyor system to minimize dust as the steelmaking coal is moved on the site;
- A water spray truck is used for mobile perimeter dust control;
- A water collection system for on-site water treatment is used to collect and treat excess water before it leaves the terminal; and
- A noise control silencer has been installed on the wet scrubber. A wet scrubber is used to reduce dust while rail cars are being unloaded.
Potash and Phosphate Rock
- An extensive network of dust collection equipment, including wet and dry scrubbers, is used to remove dust from the air at conveyor transfer points;
- Water used in the dry bulk system is treated before entering the Metro Vancouver sewer system;
- Our rail facility has an 180-metre-long (600 feet) trackside noise barrier and automatic track lubrication is used to reduce rail squeal; and
- Flexible canvas shrouded cascade chutes are used at each ship loader to minimize dust as products are being loaded into the vessel.